Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Humbeled

I was approached by an Etsy customer a few weeks ago with a special request in mind. 
Both of her nieces were diagnosed with breast cancer and she wanted to make
them something special using my beads.
She wanted the beads to showcase breast cancer awareness,
but to also possess a rustic, warm feel. 

Having never made my own molds before, I thought the ribbon beads came out well...


I also made some more beads with personal imprints in them...initials, words...

and then I antiqued them for the rustic feel. 
I was a little nervous, wondering what my new Etsy friend would think...
I wanted them to be perfect for her nieces...well, it turns out that she loves them.
I was so very touched to be a part of such a personal project and I thank her for that :) 

3 comments:

  1. They are beautiful! You did an amazing job.

    courtney of beads by breul

    ReplyDelete
  2. How very special, Alison! The beads match her request perfectly and should be a big hit in your shop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you ladies...it was such a special experience :)

    ReplyDelete